Programs > Brochure
School for Field Studies - Tanzania
Rhotia, Tanzania (Outgoing )
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||Davidson College applicants only|
|Fees and other costs (click on the term -->)||
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Spring||2019||10/01/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
Glossary entry for program parameter 10698Program Housing:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10703Minimum GPA:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10704Language of Instruction:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10706Language Prerequisite:
|Class Eligibility:||02-Sophomore, 03 - Junior|
School for Field Studies - Wildlife Management Studies***PLEASE NOTE***
All biology majors seeking credit for their major from courses completed in study abroad programs through the School for Field Studies (SFS) are strongly encouraged to also meet with Dr. Kevin Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the biology department.
Davidson College is an affiliate school of the School for Field Studies. This relationship with SFS allows Davidson students to:
- Have priority acceptance to the various SFS semester and summer programs.
- Receive four Davidson biology course credits (BIO 184 and BIO 381-383) as pass/fail for attending a semester program and one Davidson biology course credit (BIO 385) as pass/fail for attending a summer program. Three of the SFS semester courses (BIO 381-383) and the SFS summer course (BIO 385) may count toward a major in Biology. SFS courses do not fulfill the Davidson core requirement for laboratory science. Note that seven of the courses required for the Biology major must be Davidson courses taught by Davidson College faculty. SFS courses do not count towards those seven courses.
- BIO 184 fulfills the cultural diversity credit.
1. This program is open to all Davidson students regardless of major. SFS requires that students have successfully completed one college-level biology course and at least one full semester of college before they accept a student into the semester programs. Some SFS centers have additional requirements.
2. Students must receive permission from Davidson College to study abroad then must apply directly to SFS for acceptance. SFS has a rolling admission policy. For more information regarding Davidson’s study abroad procedures and deadlines, please visit the Office of Study Abroad Web site.
Fees for semester programs:
Students attending any SFS semester will be charged regular SFS tuition and fees for the semester plus an administrative fee for studying with a third party provider. Financial aid is applicable to the SFS program, as it would be in a normal Davidson semester.
Fees for the summer term:
Financial aid is not available during the summer term. If you require funding for this term, please also inquire about it with SFS and be familiar with the information posted under SUMMER ABROAD SCHOLARSHIPS.
Premedical Students Applying To Medical School:
When entering your School for Field Studies courses on the American Medical College Application Service (AMCAS) document, be certain that you list the courses as Davidson courses with a grade of pass/fail. You should discuss the implications of how this may affect your AMCAS application with the Pre-Medical Director, Dr. Naila M. Mamoon.
**Start and end dates are tentative. Please verify them through the provider.**