Skip to content

Anyone traveling internationally individually (e.g., on a travel grant) or as a group for Davidson College related purposes must register their travel dates and sign a travel waiver. Faculty and staff traveling independently for College related purposes may, but are not required, to register their dates of travel.

If you are a U.S. citizen, please enroll in the U.S. Department of State's Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive important information from the U.S. Embassy about safety conditions in your destination country. This program will help the U.S. Embassy contact you in an emergency, whether natural disaster, civil unrest, or family emergency.

If you are not a U.S. citizen, please check to see if there is a similar service offered through the foreign ministry of your country of citizenship. You should also check the embassy website for your destination to confirm if you require a visa to enter. It may take up to 90 days to receive a visa and have your passport returned to you, so early preparation is strongly recommended.

Students will find information on health, safety, and smart travel on the U.S. Department of State's Students Abroad webpage. For additional information on health and travel, please visit the Center for Disease Control's Traveler's Health webpage.

Davidson provides complimentary international emergency health insurance through EIIA to students, faculty, staff and family members traveling for College related purposes. Please go to the Europ Assistance website and register using the following credentials: Group ID: C2EII Activation Code: 150424.

Last modified 01/04/2018

© 2012 Davidson College Davidson, North Carolina