The fee for the fall 2019 Davidson in France program is $33,635.00. Fees for Davidson College semester-length study abroad programs are based on the College’s regular, on-campus fees for one semester. They will be changed to reflect the corresponding academic year’s fees when that information is available.
This fee covers:
- Tuition for a five-course academic load
- Lodging and meals
- Museum and monument entry fees (for programmed visits)
- Books for the Alliance Française and the Institut de Touraine
- Basic cell phone with SIM card (calls and texts not included)
- Group excursions
- SNCF Railcard for discounts on individual train travel within France
- Round-trip airfare from Charlotte, NC to France
- During travels, when necessary, students will be given an allowance for food.
This fee does not cover:
- Domestic transportation to and from Charlotte, NC
- Personal expenses
- Travel beyond group excursions
- Books for the Université de Tours (advanced students)
- Passport fees (if applicable) - $135 (new) $110 (renew) - check travel.state.gov for the most current information
- Visa photos - approximately $15.00 at CVS or Walgreens
- Immunizations (if applicable) - check CDC website for recommendations and talk with your doctor about prices
- Transportation to the French Consulate in the U.S. (the visa application requires an in-person appointment
NOTE: If a student elects not to travel to France with the group, the student will be reimbursed via a credit to their account after submission of a receipt showing their flight purchase. The reimbursable amount is up to the cost of the group flight from Charlotte to Paris or the actual cost of the ticket, whichever is less.
DAVIDSON COLLEGE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CANCEL OR ALTER PART OR ALL OF THE PROPOSED ACADEMIC YEAR/SEMESTER PROGRAM IN FRANCE SHOULD CONDITIONS MAKE IT NECESSARY TO DO SO.
Davidson College Study Abroad Program Policies
Regarding Withdrawals, Cancelations, and Refunds
If a student withdraws from a Davidson College study abroad program or is required by the College to withdraw, the following payments will be assessed:
If withdrawal occurs between the time of deposit and the beginning of the Davidson College study abroad program, the amount of deposit will be retained by the College, as well as any funds already committed on behalf of the student. Committed funds are 1) monies that the program has already paid to a service provider, and/or 2) monies that the program has agreed to pay a service provider on terms that cannot be modified.
If withdrawal occurs on or after the beginning date of a semester or a summer program, for any reason, no refund of the semester or summer program cost is issued.
If withdrawal occurs on or after the beginning date of the first semester of an academic year program, for any reason, no refund of the first semester cost is issued. If withdrawal occurs on or after the beginning date of the second semester of an academic year program, no refund of the full academic year cost is issued.
If a student receiving federal aid withdraws from a Davidson College off-campus study program, the federal aid funds will be treated according to applicable federal regulations. Detailed rules and laws related to these calculations are available upon request from the Office of Admission and Financial Aid.
If Davidson College cancels one of its study abroad or domestic off-campus study programs before a program starts, a full refund of the program cost will be issued.
If Davidson College or one of its study abroad or domestic off-campus study program partners must suspend a program in progress, yet coursework may be completed, no refund will be issued for tuition. A partial refund may be issued for non-academic program costs in the event of an early program closure. If coursework may not be continued as a result of a program cancelation, a refund of program cost will be issued.
The College offers tuition-refund insurance during the academic year for Davidson College study abroad programs through AWG Dewar, Inc. Detailed information may be obtained by calling 617-774-1555 or online at College Refund