|The cost of the summer 2019 Davidson in Cadiz, Spain program is $5,500.00.
This fee covers:
This fee does not cover:
- Tuition for 4 full weeks of class (Monday-Friday) and instructional materials
- Room and board in Cadiz with a host family (including 3 meals per day and laundry)
- Short group excursions during stay in Cadiz
- Pre-term group travel within Spain (including transportation, museum and monument entrance fees, hotels, breakfast and dinner)
- Transportation between Cadiz and start and end cities in Spain.
Kohler-Marchio Spanish Summer Language Study Scholarship
- Airfare to/from student's home to arrival/departure city in Spain - ranges between $700-1,500 depending on point of departure and date of purchase
- Transportation between the airport and hotels at the start and end of the program - approximately $35 each way for a taxi, public transportation is also an option
- Lunch during the week of pre-term travel - approximately $10/day for 7-8 days
- Personal expenses
- Passport fees (if applicable) - $135 (new) $110 (renew) - check travel.state.gov for the most current information
The Kohler-Marchio Spanish Summer Language Study Scholarship was established by the parents of Stephanie Kohler '01 and Winston Kohler '05. This scholarship is given in memory of Stephanie and Winston's grandmothers: Florence Kohler and Estelle Marchio. Stephanie and Winston had very positive experiences during their summer programs in Monterrey, Mexico and Cádiz, Spain while at Davidson.
Davidson College students accepted to the Cádiz, Spain program are eligible to apply for the Kohler-Marchio Spanish Summer Language Study Scholarship. The deadline is February 1, 2019. Please contact Professor Kyra Kietrys for more information.
DOES DEAN RUSK PROVIDE FINANCIAL SUPPORT FOR STUDY ABROAD THROUGH ITS TRAVEL GRANTS?
Dean Rusk travel grants only support summer study abroad. The program does not make grants to support study abroad during the academic year. If you apply for a grant to support summer study abroad, please remember that grant amounts vary considerably and they tend to range from $1,000.00 - $3,000.00. Independent projects have a higher priority and generally receive more funding than group excursions. Davidson-sponsored summer programs will receive higher priority than third party provider study abroad programs.
The fact that the Dean Rusk Program has made grants to support participation in a specific program in the past does not guarantee that the program will be able to do so in the future. Budgetary conditions and demand for grant support varies from year to year.
Davidson College Study Abroad Program
Withdrawal and Refund Policy
If a student withdraws from a Davidson College study abroad program or is required by the College to withdraw, the following payments will be assessed:
If withdrawal occurs between the time of deposit and the beginning of the Davidson College study abroad program, the amount of deposit will be retained by the College, as well as any funds already committed on behalf of the student. Committed funds are:
1) monies that the program has already paid to a service provider; and/or, 2) monies that the program has agreed to pay a service provider on terms that cannot be modified.
If withdrawal occurs on or after the beginning date of a semester or a summer program, for any reason, no refund of the semester or summer program cost is issued.
If withdrawal occurs on or after the beginning date of the first semester of an academic year program, for any reason, no refund of the first semester cost is issued. If withdrawal occurs on or after the beginning date of the second semester of an academic year program, no refund of the full academic year cost is issued.
If a student receiving federal aid withdraws from a Davidson College study abroad program, the federal aid funds will be treated according to applicable federal regulations. Detailed rules and laws related to these calculations are available upon request from the Office of Admission and Financial Aid.
If Davidson College cancels one of its study abroad programs due to circumstances beyond the College’s reasonable control, a full refund of the program cost will be issued.
The College offers tuition-refund insurance during the academic year for Davidson College study abroad programs through AWG Dewar, Inc. Detailed information may be obtained by calling 617-774-1555 or online at: College Refund